- Headquarters: MA
BSG has commenced an executive search for a President/CEO for our client, a test chamber manufacturer. The President/CEO will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will partner with the leadership team in managing all operational aspects of the company and ensuring the continued growth and increased profitability of the business.
Since the 1950's, our client has manufactured test chambers for their customers who provide their consumers with a way to independently control product testing. Varying in size from small tabletop to large drive-in rooms, our client also installs and services their products.
Our client was founded in New Jersey. From the very beginning, the company has taken great pride in creating test chambers for businesses to test their products for safety, reliability, and longevity. Headquartered in Massachusetts, our client has testing and manufacturing divisions and a testing division also in Massachusetts.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The President/CEO will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will partner with the leadership team in managing all operational aspects of the company and ensuring the continued growth and increased profitability of the business.
- Drive growth, profitability, and company value.
- Lead marketing strategy, actively managing branding, product marketing, market positioning and productization initiatives.
- Provide guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, manufacturing, operations, sales, service and product.
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth.
Build Great Talent and Teams
- Attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
- Nurture the entrepreneurial and high-performing culture.
- Empower the team towards autonomous delivery, while exercising appropriate balance of control.
Execute with Excellence
- Drive day-to-day operations.
- Develop a deep understanding of marketing automation stack and drivers.
- Champion and lead LEAN implementation across the manufacturing organization.
- Align resources to achieve key business priorities.
- Proactively mitigate business, operational and governance risks.
Win in the Marketplace
- Expand the burgeoning services business and implement other account services offerings based on market and customer needs.
- Complete the productization of a cloud/subscription-based hardware and software offering.
- Successfully execute and expand upon current contracts.
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy and strategic priorities.
- Own P&L and cash flow. Manage burn rate while growing the business.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Prior experience as multi-functional P&L Leader in a private company.
- Past experience in CEO, President, General Manager or COO role.
- Significant experience overseeing multiple functional disciplines such as Manufacturing,
Marketing, Operations, Business Development, Commercial, etc.
- Strong technology/software proficiency.
- Successful customer-facing experience in an entrepreneurial, growth-stage corporate environment:
- $30m to $150m revenue size organizational experience.
- 100+ employees.
- B.S. in an engineering or scientific discipline strongly preferred.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Player/coach leadership style with a preference for collaborative, hands-on management.
- Private company experience in career background in last 10 years.
- Defined by others as smart, capable, hands-on, energetic, and someone who possess a strong entrepreneurial/innovative spirit.
- History of building and creating a strong culture within an organization.
- Ability to drive consensus among leaders and teams.
- Proven track record of building successful products and high caliber teams.
- Visionary executive profile, with ability to guide a company through all phases of growth.
CULTURE & TEAM
Located in Massachusetts is our clients' 100,000 sq. ft. headquarters. With two other offices strategically located in Michigan and California's Bay Area, our client employs over 150 people, ranging from welders to software developers. The headquarters has hiking trails, a basketball court, and horseshoe pit. Our client is also dog-friendly, and many employees bring their best friends with them. In addition, every other Friday employees share a free company lunch of barbeque or pizza, depending on the weather. Though the skill set of our client team members is diverse, the culture has cultivated cooperation. An open concept office space allows employees to be able to bounce ideas off each other and collaborate to create unique solutions for their customers.
Compensation is competitive with the position's requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs.
Massachusetts. Other locations include Sales and Services offices in Michigan and California.
To Submit Resume: