- Chief Executive Officer
- Reporting to: Board of Directors
- Location: Flexible (Texas, Iowa, Ohio)
BSG has commenced an executive search for Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for our client, a top athletic equipment, apparel, and sporting goods distributors in Texas. The CEO will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will partner with executive officers in managing all operational aspects of the company and ensuring the aggressive and successful growth of the business and commercial success.
Chief Executive Officer
For over sixty years, our client has been the top athletic equipment, apparel, and sporting goods distributors in Texas. Serving almost 2,000 customers annually, our client provides the best selection, prices, quality, and customer service to colleges, k-12 school systems, and sports leagues.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will partner with executive officers in managing all operational aspects of the company and ensuring the aggressive and successful growth of the business and commercial success.
- Define the overall growth strategy, including short and long-term goals:
- Drive top line revenue growth, profitability growth and company value
- Research and implement growth strategy via existing and new channels
- Evaluate potential M&A tuck-in acquisitions and/or integrations
- Provide guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales and marketing
Build Great Talent & Teams
- Build out a world-class leadership team, including:
- Supply Chain
- Cultivate a high-performing culture
- Empower the team towards autonomous delivery, while exercising appropriate balance of control
Establish Operational Excellence
- Drive day-to-day operations
- Lead specific operational improvement initiatives including:
- Structure and implement a unified sales incentive program powered by CRM system
- Implement a robust and effective ERP system
- Establish and measure key corporate KPI's
- Increase procurement optimization over current run rate
- Increase online team stores sales
- Improve product lead times
Win in the Marketplace
- Lead efforts to support continued growth and commercial success
- Drive continuous improvement
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital requirements and strategic priorities
- Own P&L and cash flow, manage burn rate while growing the business
- Regularly report updates to Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities
- Invest in strategic partnerships and relationships where necessary to drive growth
Ideal Candidate Profile
Qualifications and Expertise
- Prior experience as P&L leader (CEO, President, GM) in a private or PE backed company
- Held leadership roles in "middle market" organizations of $200m+ in revenues
- Significant experience overseeing multiple functional disciplines such as Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Manufacturing, etc.
- Related industry knowledge of organization(s) that manufacture customized wholesale consumer apparel and/or products
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders, providing updates on business performance and progress
- Experience "rolling up an industry" and successfully integrating acquired businesses for realized synergistic value
- Sales and Marketing background highly desired
- Familiarity with the sports apparel market and/or adjacent businesses that also cater to large customized group purchases, especially high school/junior colleges, is highly desirable.
- B.A. or B.S. required; MBA or other Masters degree preferred
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Builder leader and optimizer leader
- Ability to drive consensus among leaders and teams
- Proven track record of growing successful organizations and high caliber teams
- Visionary executive profile, with ability to guide a company through all phases of growth
- Demonstrable passion for driving results
- Strategic and tactical leader with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
Our client is backed by a private investment firm that focuses on partnering with founder/family owned businesses in the United States and Canada. The firm has completed more than 250 transactions, totaling in excess of $6.0 billion in value.
Compensation is competitive with the position's requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, a bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and an equity component.
To Submit Resume: