- VP Global Revenue Leader
- Reporting to the President
- Location: Greater DC Metro Area
BSG has commenced an executive search for a VP Global Revenue Leader for our client, a leading communications and technology developer. Reporting to the President, the VP Global Revenue Leader will unite functions across the full customer lifecycle to focus on customer experience, revenue generation, and growth. The role serves as chief revenue strategist, responsible for setting and executing the company's revenue acquisition and retention strategy. The VP Global Revenue Leader must be able to break down silos so that sales, marketing, and CRM are aligned and working together to create the best possible (customer) experience.
VP Global Revenue Leader
Our client is a leading developer of solutions in the communications and technology industries.
Reporting to the President, the VP Global Revenue Leader is responsible for transforming an effective transactional sales organization into a high-performing, solutions selling team that keeps pace with and stays ahead of the demands of their rapidly evolving VSAT industry. In addition, the VP Global Revenue Leader unites functions across the full customer lifecycle to focus on customer experience, revenue generation, and growth. The role serves as chief revenue strategist, responsible for setting and executing the company's revenue acquisition and retention strategy. The VP Global Revenue Leader must be able to break down silos so that sales, marketing, and CRM are aligned and working together to create the best possible (customer) experience.
- Create a Go-to-Market strategy for core products: Work with product life cycle management team (PLM) to determine which market segments will require focus; for example: Establishing appropriate discount rates to resellers, identifying the lead generation strategies that are likely to yield the highest return. Should they consider channels? Where should they spend their resources, their money?
- Develop market forecasting model: Creating prioritized use cases and market forecasting justification for new product changes. Creating business plans to lead market needs.
- Develop sophisticated sales training programs: Create multi-stage training initiatives for sophisticated training/education engine for large programmatic customer opportunities for internal and multiple customer use.
- Develop sales prospect/pipeline governance matrix: Create acceptable sale terms/prices, units sold and allowable changes to be made.
- Participate in annual and five-year budget planning process: Be an active partner in projecting realistic yet aggressive annual revenue targets with Finance, PLM, and Business Development; leverage market and field knowledge to identify areas for investment and growth. Manage the sales organization within defined annual budget.
- Scaling and developing the sales team: Develop a rolling three-year organizational plan, including aggressively hiring top-notch sales executives and continuously developing new and existing sales team members in a structure which supports complex sales cycles and deal structures.
- Helping the sales team close deals: Working and closing deals with them. Seeing opportunities ahead of the horizon and identifying obstacles before they present themselves. Making sure direct and indirect reports work as effectively and efficiently as they can. Seek to develop, maintain and share proficiency in understanding common business practices and etiquette in key regions/countries.
- Developing effective value propositions and sales and marketing tactics: Enable collaboration between sales, marketing and business development to form compelling value propositions for target customers and develop competitive win strategies. Optimize and ensure consistent Go-To-Market approach is aligned with Product Management and implemented across all customer facing groups.
- Achieving the best scalable, efficient, and repeatable sales process: Improve existing practices, processes, and tools. Ensure accurate forecasting, consistent successful monthly and quarterly performance against goals. Manage team's performance through discipline and rigor with key KPIs, including daily activity and metrics management.
- Crafting competitive compensation structures: Align variable plans with industry best practices to attract and retain talent, incentivize target performance and behavior, and motivate individual and team goal achievement. Identify the need for and craft SPIF and related programs.
- Ensure ethical and compliant sales practices: Communicate and enforce corporate policies, documentation and reporting requirements, drive pricing and discounting decisions in support of corporate revenue goals, and ensure team compliance.
- Outbound Marketing: Leverage multi-channel distribution methodology to effectively communicate, engage and influence customers and the market. Develop effective marketing strategies using integrated campaign approach to target various customer segments.
- Distribution Efficiency: All channels of distribution are consistently evaluated and refined to identify and develop channels that offer the most profitable means of distribution.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Outstanding international consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a hosting, managed services, and solutions-oriented sales/new market environment.
- Seasoned sales leadership, building and sustaining highly effective sales teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment, experience in employee relations and development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and executable plans to enter into new markets and secure new revenue streams.
- Experience with sales methodologies and sales funnel management.
- Must be a self-motivated, dynamic, creative team player.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Understanding of network, systems, cloud and/or colocation services/solutions preferred.
- Knowledge of CRM tools is a plus.
- Negotiation skills with experience in contract review.
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Player/Coach leadership style with a preference for collaborative, hands-on management.
- Public and private company experience in career background in last 10 years.
- Strong executive presence, skilled at public speaking with varied business audiences.
- Defined by others as smart, capable, hands-on, energetic, and someone with a strong entrepreneurial/innovative spirit.
- History of building and creating a strong culture within an organization.
- Ability to drive consensus among leaders and teams.
- Proven track record of building successful products and high caliber teams.
- Visionary executive profile, with ability to guide a company through all phases of growth.
Ideal Candidate Profile
A summary of key competencies required to be successful include the following:
- Prior Direct Sales or Business Development experience.
- Past revenue responsibility of $250M+.
- Successful go-to-market strategy experience.
- Sales team transformation experience.
- Global customer responsibility.
- Channel sales model and strategy background.
- Successful history meeting and exceeding KPI's and key revenue metrics for organizations.
- Passion for and prior history of creating high performing sales teams.
- Space Industry.
- Telecom Communications/Mobile Wireless Networks (5G, LTE, etc.)
- Optimizer leader.
- Public and/or private company experience with at least 500+ employees.
- $300m+ company revenue experience.
MANAGEMENT and LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Experience reporting to President/CEO in the past.
- Experience leading quota carrying and non-quota carrying sales teams of 65+.
Compensation is competitive with the position's requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus/commission structure based on individual and corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and performance stock option plan.
Our client's staff currently numbers approximately 750+ employees worldwide. This role will report to the President and will oversee a team of 70+ consisting of, but not limited to global field sales, sales engineering, and sales operations teams.
Greater DC Metro Area
To Submit Resume: