- Head of Finance
- Reporting to: President & CEO
- Headquarters: New Hampshire
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Head of Finance for our client, an automotive technology marketing company. The Head of Finance will be responsible for providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization through the development of sophisticated financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting models for operating and capital purposes, analyzing sales performance, product/service profitability, and contribution analyses and special project analyses as needed.
Head of Finance
Our client is an automotive technology marketing company that helps dealers sell cars effectively by utilizing marketing techniques to meet sales goals. Our client's founders were able to identify an industry need by cutting multiple layers between the dealer and shopper by developing an innovative platform that would meet the dealer's needs and allow shoppers to be routed directly to the dealer's inventory. Since the beginning, our client's customer base has grown, including over thousands of dealers.
The Head of Finance, reporting to the President & CEO, will be responsible for providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization through the development of sophisticated financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting models for operating and capital purposes, analyzing sales performance, product/service profitability, and contribution analyses and special project analyses as needed. Key to the role is the ability to bring a strategic level of leadership to the finance function, serving as a financial strategist while managing the day-to-day requirements of the finance department. This role is responsible for maintaining a rigorous disciple of performance across all departmental KPIs. This role will need to create a positive and supportive culture and an environment where people love coming to work and make it fun!Company highlights:
Success in this role will be defined for much of the first 12 months on key deliverables:
- Experienced leadership team looking to consolidate the market and become the leading CRM and marketing automation toolset for automotive.
- Pioneer in the CRM/martech industry using AI to help OEMs and dealers alike to optimize their inventory turns via its patented machine learning analytics engine.
- Strong and growing user-base of 10,000+ dealers generating a strong recurring revenue foundation for continued investment in product development, sales, and marketing.
- Build a financial model for budgeting and FP&A that can change outputs when inputs change.
- Complete NetSuite implementation to add additional modules to further automate:
- Create sub reports for sales/revenue (new sales + churn + book of business).
- Accurate data reporting
- Create a real-time Dashboard.
- Be finance team leader for annual budgeting and variance tracking.
- Create dashboard of inputs/outputs for key company KPIs tracking.
- Survey company operations for top 3 op-ex savings opportunities with a "lean, six sigma bias".
- Maintain and improve good relationship with auditor, legal and tax consultants (Deloitte).
- Build a culture based on high performance and an environment where everyone is passionately focused on solving their customer problems with their unique solution.
- Maintain a rigorous disciple of performance across all departmental KPIs.
- Experience at a B2B SaaS company (marketing, sales, or digital advertising automation software) or automotive technology company.
- 10+ years of Financial Management experience required.
- Must have private company experience in a management role within the last 10 years.
- Must have experience reporting to roles such as Head of Finance or C-Level role.
- Operational responsibility experience with $50-$100M revenue companies.
- Has managed teams of 2+ employees.
- Agile development/management experience.
- Proven experience in process strategy, organizational assessment, and implementation.
- KPI development and management.
- Experience working in highly complex organizations.
- Recruitment, selection, and on-boarding/training.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably NetSuite and various Business Intelligence tools.
- Proven track record of consistent success.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate high standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals' capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed day-to-day management concerns.
- A sense of ownership, not just of his or her own work, or that of their department, but a sense of ownership for the company.
- Demonstrated success as a people leader, including the ability to set and gain buy-in for strategic direction and vision, attract, hire, retain, and develop high-performing teams, and establish an engaging culture of accountability, quality, and customer focus.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and actions consistent with company values.
Compensation is competitive with the position's requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include a base salary, a bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.