- Chief Operating Officer
- Reporting to: President
- Location: Florida
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Chief Operating Officer for our client, an e-commerce selling partner that strategically helps over 40 globally leading brands best position their web presence to sell more products in the online marketplace. The Chief Operating Officer key responsibilities include overseeing all revenue-related functions and processes across the organization.
Chief Operating Officer
Our client is an e-commerce selling partner that strategically helps over 40 globally leading brands best position their web presence to sell more products in the online marketplace. They have a team of over 200 experts consisting of designers, copywriters, data analysts, marketers, attorneys, and logistics specialists who focus on delivering extraordinary experiences and greatly improving their clients' growth. Our client offers a variety of services, including developing web content, advertising and marketing, data analytics, services to protect brand, distribution and fulfillment. Shipping over 50,000 orders, our client is private equity backed by a partner with over $1.5 B in assets.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a key member of the company's executive leadership team and will oversee all revenue-related functions and processes across the organization. Reporting to the President, the COO will have responsibility for leadership of finance, people operations and warehouse/logistics. They will be leading the effort to create and track KPIs focused on growth, business efficiencies and project management.
The successful candidate will have exceptional strategic business operational skills and experience managing day-to-day operations in a B2B software or high-end tech enabled service organization. The ability to inspire, motivate, lead, and manage teams by clearly communicating the company vision and strategy across all relevant functions will be critical. The COO should have experience managing HR/People Operations, Warehouse, Supply Chain and Logistics.
Success in this role will lean on 3 pillars of skills and experience:
- Solid operational leadership in an e-commerce merchandising services environment, preferably working within the Amazon ecosystem, successfully managing end-to end logistics operations.
- Operational leadership of 5+ direct reports.
- Experience developing and implementing strategies that drove significant and sustained growth into an organization.
The COO will be an integral part of the senior leadership team with the following responsibilities:
- Manage our client's day to day operations.
- Oversee the logistics process from supply chain, warehouse management, fulfillment and shipping.
- Provide leadership and management of HR/People Operations, Finance and Accounting.
- Lead the creation and tracking of company-wide KPIs and other metrics, mapping to overall company strategy and share the analysis and insights to drive activity and support the overall health of the business.
- Effectively advocate for our client by articulating its market position, competitive advantages, and value proposition to prospective partners.
- Manage and enhance current partner programs, including demand planning and scalable forecasting.
- Plan and manage execution of new growth initiatives.
- Lead M&A activities and implementation.
- Represent our client at relevant industry events and conferences.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A summary of key competencies required to be successful in this role include the following:FUNCTIONAL skills/experience needed:
- Experienced operations leadership with previous successful endeavors in the B2B ecommerce marketplace.
- Experienced leader and manager of other operational aspects such as HR and Finance/ Accounting.
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end logistics management - Supply chain, warehouse, shipping.
- Partner program management - account management skills.
- Strategic project management - demonstrated experience creating and driving growth initiatives.
- Expertise with helping brands drive business transformation on a global scale in the ecommerce marketplace.
- B2B - Consumer Package goods, brand manufactures.
- Tech-enabled business process expertise.
- eCommerce cyber-retail space expertise, third party resellers.
- Specialties: Warehouse, Supply chain, logistics management.
- Overall Operational leadership.
STAGE of Company Experience:
- Building new business/sales processes and best practices without suffocating speed, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
- Private company experience in senior role in last 10 years of career.
- Managed a team of 10+.
- $50M-$100M company revenue experience.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Develop the team and across capabilities by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing promotion process, keeping an open dialogue with the team, identifying training opportunities.
- Establish and grow relationships across capabilities.
- Lead the internal cross-functional team - inspire team to strive for superior client work and results.
- Actively pursue opportunities to share intellectual capital across the organization.
- Demonstrate mature leadership and empathy in difficult team situations - a player/coach who leads by example.
- At least 10 years in a New Business/Sales and Marketing role.
MARKET & CUSTOMERS
- Amazon-focused marketing agencies that brands/seller hire to improve their rankings/ sales/reviews, etc.
- Large Amazon sellers.
- Consumer brands.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- Strong presentation and team management skills.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals' capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company's best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
- Attention to detail required to deliver consistently accurate data, information, and reporting on time and on budget.
- A sense of ownership, not just of his or her own work, or that of their department, but a sense of ownership for the company.
- Work ethic required to do what it takes to get the job done, and invest the time required to deliver on key responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Backed/control owned by PE Firm and acquired our client in 2020.
Compensation is competitive with the position's requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
To Submit Resume: