- Chief Executive Officer
- Reporting to the Board of Directors
- Location: Southeast
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for our client, a pioneer in the B2B cloud-hosted data analytics and insights sector. The CEO will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will be responsible for all P&L activities and manages all operational aspects of the company ensuring the aggressive and successful growth of the business.
Chief Executive Officer
Our client is a pioneer in the B2B cloud-hosted data analytics and insights sector. Our client's data and analytics tools help businesses, governments, and non-profits better measure economic impacts created by our ever changing world around us.
Reporting to the company's Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will be responsible for all P&L activities and manages all operational aspects of the company ensuring the aggressive and successful growth of the business.
The CEO's core responsibilities will include:
Strategy and Product Marketing Direction:
Establishing a short and long-term business direction that drives the company to become an industry leader and maximize the penetration of the markets served. The CEO will bear primary responsibility for refining and carrying out the company's strategy. This will include such activities as monitoring our client's current markets and its standing within them; assessing current and potential competitive activity; and evaluating opportunities for growth.
Developing clarity around the markets our client serves and defining and prioritizing market segments for targeted outreach. Create, drive and improve marketing lead generation funnel. Accelerate product release "urgency" across the organization while ensuring close symbiotic relationship between product development and customer market needs, creating demonstrable competitive differentiation and performance benefits of our client's products.
Sales and Business Development Leadership:
Setting the approach to commercialization, through direct sales efforts. First and foremost, the CEO will play a hands-on role in building the company by acting as its most-senior business generator and evangelist. He or she must understand both our client's capabilities (legacy product and cloud/SaaS product) and the market's needs, and combine those understandings to identify and pursue specific new opportunities.
Staff - Team Building, Development, Mentorship:
The CEO is responsible for human capital planning and hiring. As important, the position will actively be responsible for developing new and existing staff to help prepare them for company growth and increased leadership responsibilities at all levels. Finally, the new CEO will serve as leader and mentor to the founding team and as a complement to their existing skills. He or she will do this through personal interactions with colleagues, as well as by maintaining management practices which reinforce a positive internal culture and help the company establish a reputation as a rewarding place to build a career. This individual will be expected to set high standards and hold people accountable, and to create an environment in which people work cooperatively and focus on building the long-term value of the enterprise. When management slots open up, the CEO must be able to hire executives who can make significant contributions, not only as individuals, but also by building effective teams in their own areas of the business; he or she will also have to upgrade the organization when necessary by replacing underperformers with strong new recruits.
Investors/Shareholders and Board - Milestone Management, Follow-on Fundraising, and Liquidity Strategy:
The new CEO is the primary liaison to the board and will aggressively manage milestone deliverables, be a key leader at board meetings and to board/investor communications. The CEO will be responsible for developing and managing against an annual operating plan and in addition to possible follow-on fundraising, will be accountable for optimizing the liquidity for all shareholders. This includes continuous improvement of operational efficiency and effectiveness by assessing, upgrading or installing new operational systems, processes and methodologies. In addition, the CEO will continually review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise tactics in accordance with current conditions. Combining these, the CEO will execute and achieve annual growth targets, while gaining increased leverage on costs and operating expenses.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A summary of key competencies required to be successful in this role include the following:FUNCTIONAL Prior Success
MANAGEMENT and Leadership Experience
- Full P&L responsibility with prior roles as CEO, President or GM is a plus
- Marketing and sales leadership
- Business development, go-to market, strategic marketing and sales
- Operating and capital budget creation/management
- Successful exit experience a plus
- Product pricing, modeling, and structure creation
- KPI dashboard creation and management
- Structured product management and development
- Experience bringing new/novel products into established industries
- Establishing new industry sector beachheads in multiple sectors (chasm-crossing)
- Evangelical vision-selling experience to customers, partners and investors
- Building scalable management processes without suffocating innovation/speed
- Executive team mentoring
- Track record of hiring A players for A team
- Driving creation and buy-in to KPIs, goals, metrics
- Leadership of topline growth and new market acquisition
- B2B SaaS powered data analytics
- Information services, analytics and solutions
STAGE of Company Experience
- Private company/investor-backed (private equity or venture capital)
- Growth stage ($10M to $50M in revenues)
- Optimizer leader vs. builder leader
- Working with investor-driven boards of directors
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals' capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Decisiveness when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company's best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
- Attention to detail required to deliver consistently accurate data, information and reporting on time and on budget.
- A sense of ownership, not just of his or her own work, or that of their department, but a sense of ownership for the company as a whole.
- Work ethic required to do what it takes to get the job done, and invest the time required to deliver on key responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Compensation is competitive with the position's requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
To Submit Resume: